Sunday, March 25, 2007

A much needed update on my drinking shananagans.

So last night I got wrecked. I mean really really wrecked. But I had a good reason. The original plan was Jimmy Swift. I drank about a pint of vodka (thankfully mixed with my good friend Powerade) and Claire, Gort, Stevenson and I headed up to the Cellar around 12:30. Unfortunately there was a massive lineup so we decided to check out the Social Club upstairs to see how the lineup was... Of course there was also a very slowly moving line. Undecided we stood there for a few minutes trying to decide what to do when I saw Jon, my lab partner. I told him about my situation, and probably a few other things (I was drunk ok!) and he let us go through the VIP entrance. That meant no waiting in line and no cover! That scored me a ten sheet which went towards 2 for 1 Keiths. The last point of the night that I remember was playing fuseball terribly...

I awoke this morning to the sound of Brad Birds voice -- "GILL! GILL! WAKE UP!!! It's 10:45!!"

My first thoughts were: Oh my god...I'm an hour and 45 minutes late for work, FUCK FUCK FUCK!

"No Gill, its SEVEN-45, your not late, your alarm just went off. I slept in your bed." - Bird

The first thing I saw when I opened my eyes was a wall. A white wall that looked oddly like my own white wall beside my own bed. I was face down on Kristys bed. I was still hammered...and now very confused. I stumbled off the bed, and upstairs (not paying any attention to what Brad Bird was wearing) reset my own alarm to 8:30 and passed back out. When I reawoke, I noticed that I had 7 rocks in my back pocket. What the hell was I doing with rocks in my pocket? And they weren't normal rocks. These were Lauras rocks, with paintings of little creatures and mooses and lizards and stuff. Was I trying to sneak off with them?

Anyways, I drove to work for a morning floorset at 9am still friggin hammered. Oops.

I later found out that I passed out all around the house last night (I have no recollection of anything after about midway through the S Club) and I guess I didn't want to go sleep in my own bed so Bird carried me into Kristys room and I passed out there. He took over my bed, and... apparently was also wearing my boxers because he didn't want to sleep in my bed naked. I didn't notice, the events of this morning are hazy as well. I also found out later that it was Claire who put the rocks in my pocket. Phew! I thought I might have been going a little crazy. I can't recall if I puked last night or not either. Annnnd.... I'm still haggered. I should not be allowed to drink when I'm feeling down because I tend to go a little overboard. And probably get a bit too emotional afterwards. (But I can't remember...??)

Tomorrow is my first day off from work in 14 days! How should I spend it? A new haircut perhaps?

No comments: