Tuesday, May 01, 2012

Run, Run away little one!

I've never been able to run, ever.  I either get winded, end up with side stitches or excruciating shin splints.  I feel it would be extremely rewarding to make my goal this summer to learn to run!  So here I am!  I downloaded a pretty neat app on my iphone which tracks my progress - its a couch potato to 5K running program that takes 9 weeks.  Apparently, in 9 weeks I'm going to be able to run for 30 minutes without stopping (or 5K equivalent depending on my running speed).  Currently, I don't even think I'd make it to 5 minutes.  I just finished Week One, Day Two last night.  If anyone is interested, you can view the program Here! 

Can a smoker learn to run for 30 minutes, when they have never accomplished this goal even before they took up smoking?  Stay tuned for further progress...

No comments: