Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Tay River Falls

This particular waterfall is not big by any means, but rather a series of small cascading falls. I found it really difficult to snap a shot without the falls just looking like rapids. (there is no real amazing angle to shoot from). The falls are probably about a meter high but it's a beautiful river for those of you who enjoy taking in the scenery. Mossy covered rocks line the river banks.



To get here, head towards Taymouth along highway 8. Just after you pass Tay River, take the road on your left called English Settlement road. Approximately 3.5km down this road there will be a turnoff for Tay Valley Bible camp. It's a rickety dirt road. Take it, and drive approximately 2.5km until you reach a clearing on your left. I just pulled over to the side of the road to park as someone (I'm assuming the bible camp people?) put chains across the clearing where parking would have been possible. The falls (or should I say "rapids") are located just behind this clearing!


Beautiful, but I probably wouldn't waste my gas and drive all the way to Taymouth to see this waterfall again.  

No comments: