Sunday, June 17, 2012

River running

The last weekend in May was all about fishing and running the nashwaak river. Justin invited Trav and I to go canoeing with him and a few friends. There is nothin better than drinking beer while floating down the river in the sunshine. Travis also taught me how to throw a fishing line (shhh I need to get my fishing licence still) and caught us two trout. Yummy!!

 


On Sunday, I took him to the South Branch Oromocto falls (which I had previously visited with Amy and Miray but have yet to blog about). The falls was still beautiful but it was much more impressive when I took the girls there earlier this month. The river had started to dry up a little and falls wasnt as wide. We did a little catch and release fishing there- we caught two catfish, two chubs and a bass. Travis then almost stepped on a giant eel, and after that we called it quits and headed back to Fredericton.





No comments: