Monday, May 08, 2006

Pooor Pooor Bessie...

Bessie, my car, died on me again a few days ago. Claire and I were on our way to the liquor store where Bessie decided to stall on her own at a red light in one of the busiest intersections in town during rush hour. What I mean by stall on her own is I am in first gear and my foot is down on the clutch yet she dies. And when I try to start her back up she doesn't turn over! It was embarrassing and after repeatedly trying to turn her on she eventually goes (but barely!). This happened 3 more times in 3 busy intersections on the way home. I thought I was doomed. I can't believe I actually managed to get her home. Now I'm scared to drive her because I don't want to break down somewhere alone for good this time. She is definitely not fit for driving anywhere! What does everyone think of getting those stickers that look like bullet holes so that I can stick them on my ghetto-mobile?? (jj)

Needless to say I've been on my feet and walking around a heckuva lot more lately! I've been walking my lazy butt up the hill to work and back (30 min walk there and 30 min walk back!). I also managed to get off my butt and walk to the gym today which is in the superstore (20 min walk there, workout for an hour, 20 min walk home). Claire and I also took a walking excursion downtown this evening. I had the smart idea of taking the walking trail back home because it would be much nicer than walking up Regent... Anyways, we came to this "cool" looking sidewalk tunnel and we were going to go through it... At first we were like "Ooooooh!!!" (because the tunnel was neato!) Quickly the Oooohs turned to "AHHHH!!!!" and we turned around and ran out as fast as we ccould!! I almost had a heartattack! There was like a wall of big spiders and their webs inside, blocking the path through the tunnel! SOOOO CREEEPY! The people in the cars at the light must have thought we were silly because they definitely saw us enter and then turn around and run out screaming!

No comments: