Thursday, May 04, 2006

She's BACK!!!

So maybe this isn't deep like I wanted it to be, BUT I'm too excited not to post this!!!

The story goes like this... New Years Eve. Camera alive and well. Photos taken. New Years Day. Camera dead. Won't turn on even with a battery charge/replacement. This happens only 4 days after the warranty has expired so one who is as camera obsessed as me can see my utter despair when I can no longer use my camera. I took the camera back to Futureshop where I purchased it and they tried their own set of batteries. Still my camera had no life. Almost crying for my poor camera and fuming mad at Futureshop for not replacing the camera as the warranty had "just" expired, I left the store. Due to lack of funds my camera remained on my shelf for 4 months. She was lonely and sad and wanted to be stroked.

Today I was missing my camera more than usual. I picked her off my shelf, held her in my lap and decided that even though my funds are still low, I was going to attempt to fix her. I left for work early and stopped at Blacks in the mall (only a couple stores up from American Eagle). I asked them if they fix cameras. The girl told me that if they can't fix them in the store they send them away. She took my camera from my hands and I told her my problem about how it just wouldn't turn on. Thankfully, she gave it a try and popped in her own batteries. Life was bestowed upon my camera, its green light beaming down on me. It's so mysterious and strange that all the batteries we tried before today did not bring her life. But I will not question it. I have her back!

No comments: