Tuesday, July 18, 2006

2 lbs away from the goal I thought I would never ever reach!

I must really follow that general saying that people gain more weight in the winter (ie. put on fat for hibernation) and lose weight in the summer.. I have struggled to lose those 15 lbs I had put on allllll winter, with no luck (other than a 5lb fluctuation up and down). I started out in April at 119. I'm now 107 as of today, with only going to the gym once a week or so! I think its the fact that I'm not eating junk food from the science library vending machines while sitting in class all day or on my ass in the library. My job at American Eagle requires that I'm on my feet all day.. Plus the heat makes you not want to eat a lot. Yeah... that must be why I've lost all this weight effortlessly! I'm going to try my hardest not to let this weight creep back up on me like it does every friggin winter!! I'm 2 lbs from my goal weight and finally starting to feel happier about myself. I think I should celebrate with getting my navel pierced.. ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

congrats yo!
when i went vegan i put on a pesky 3 lbs that i was unable to get rid of for the life of me. i know 3 lbs doesn't sound like a lot...but for it it was more like 10 lbs cos i'm so small.

anyway, after teaching for a year in a hot and humid country like taiwan where i was on my feet everyday i came back and was utterly suprised at how many people noticed my weight loss. it wasn't even intentional!!

but it just goes to show you that weight loss really can be effortless in the right conditions. maybe instead of exercising we can jog in a sauna.

;)