Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Today is the day!

Today I am officially 23 years of age. Actually, if you wanted to get technical, I won't be 23 until 1:03pm this afternoon (at the moment, my laptop tells me it's 10:46am). I couldn't care less that it's my birthday today. I'm feeling indifferent. Maybe its the fact that my mom woke me up at 10 this morning to drive my half-broken car to the mechanic and I'm tired and grumpy. Or the fact that I'm sitting in the kitchen in shorts and a tank top that I slept in and if anyone knows my house in kingston, they would know its a freezer. But my hoodie is in the washing machine right now. Anyways, who gives a crap that its my birthday. Today is just like any other day.

I worked at AE last night from 4-10. I got to drive my mom's car up to work. It was great, I could actually drive much faster than the usual 110 without feeling like my car was going to fall apart! At work I got to sit out back in the stock room and put together cool upper displays in wooden crates that will be used during our Back-To-School floorset this saturday. I was feeling kinda down when I got to work so I was happy that I didn't have to deal with any customers! Right after work I hit the road again and came home (probably driving much faster than I should have been in the dark). Luckily for my hawk-like-eyes I saw the deer in the ditch before it had a chance to run in front of me. So here we go again, another day stranded in Kingston.

I wish I could help all the people in pain and saddness right now. But I feel powerless. I feel like I can't even comfort my boyfriend. And if you guys know me, you know that I always try to help everyone and when I can't it makes me feel useless. I use to be told I gave good advice and that I was easy to talk to. I can understand first hand what people are going through right now, I've been through it before only two years ago. I know its hard and will take a while for normality but I just want to see everyone smile again...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Gill!! Here's something that might cheer you up...I am going to the mall after work to get your present - you'll laugh when you open it (well I hope so!). Anyways, are you staying in Kingston tonight? (ie. we're not going to the Hilltop?). If you come back to Freddy, then call me so I can come out!! Try and enjoy your bday! We'll party on Saturday!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

we're both 23 now!!

;)

Shelley said...

Happy Belated Birthday Gilly!!! =)

Anonymous said...

Hey Gilly!
Sorry I am late with the wishes, wasn't near a computer and didnt want to ask your phone numero and then call and say Happy Bday!
Hope you had a great day!
See you on Sat!
xo
K